We'd like to thank the following people for helping us out on our Quixotic quest:
- Pat Aker Photo Curator of the San Francisco History Room in the Public Library, who actually found anitiquated copies of the blueprints and beautiful photos of the windmill.
- Construct Internet Design who generously loaned us their digital camera.
- Gordon King Project Manager for GIS Mapping in the Bureau of Engineering for the City & County of San Francisco who gave us a detailed topographic map of Golden Gate Park.
- Wheaton Mahoney, for her gorgeous shots of the windmill.
- Terry McDonald, Tim Lillyquist, Ron DeLeone and Mike Hursh of San Francisco Parks and Recreation who gave us access, a bit of history and a great tour of the windmill.
- Bob Swanstrom and Sherman Hom also of San Francisco Parks and Recreation who extensively searched for the long lost velum originals of the blueprints.
The Golden Age |
The Decline |
The Restoration |
Current Status |